5 Best tape measure tips and tricks -
- Speed square, I don’t need no stinking speed square! Lock the QuickDraw tape measure at the desired measurement and roll your line, moving the hook in unison with your tape as shown.
- Where the hell is my compass? Yes, a lesser man would need a compass to draw a circle, but not you - Lock your QuickDraw tape measure at 4” to make an 8” circle and pivot off the edge of the hook as shown.
- I’m measuring from an inside corner; can you lend a hand? Nope, Im an independent man, I’ll do it myself- lock your QuickDraw tape measure at the desired measurement and presto, you have a free hand to hold the tape blade in place as you extend your tape out to make your mark.
- I need to snap lines 16” OC for drywall screws, where’s my damm chalk line? Forget your damm chalk line - Just lock your QuickDraw tape measure on the 16” and then 32” mark to instantly make your reference marks for the screws.
- I’m laying out a large radius for the arched entryway, and I’m old school, so I’ll need:
- A nail
- A hammer
- A long piece of string
- A pencil
- Something to sharpen the pencil with
Or, you could just lock your QuickDraw tape measure at the right length and make your damm radius!