QuickDraw’s Ultimate Measure and Mark Competition!
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE OFFICIAL RULES (“RULES”) BELOW.
AN AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY/ PRIZE ACCEPTANCE DOCUMENTS MAY BE REQUIRED. All disputes will be resolved solely by binding arbitration. You may opt-out of arbitration by sending an email to ADDRESS within 30 days of your initial participation in this contest.
SPONSOR. This contest is sponsored by QuickDraw IG LLC. (“Sponsor”). References to Sponsor in this Agreement shall refer solely to the company sponsoring the contest and, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries and respective employees, officers and directors.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest/Competition (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of any of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least the age of majority in their state of resident (which is eighteen (18) years of age in most states, but 19 in Nebraska and Alabama and 21 in Mississippi). Employees of Sponsor and other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible, with the exception of Dane Scarborough, the Managing Director of QuickDraw IG LLC, who is the person that must be beat in the Contest/Competition, in order for there to be a Grand Prize winner. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- AGREEMENT TO RULES: Participation in the Contest/Competition constitutes your agreement to and acceptance of these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Being eligible for the grand prize of $1000.00 is contingent upon being the first person to complete the competition with a faster time than Dane Scarborough (Managing Director of QuickDraw), using a traditional un-modified tape measure, and being, and staying compliant with these RULES:
- Competition time slots are limited to 30 competitors on May 5th and 30 competitors on May 6th, and will be scheduled in advance on a first come first serve basis.
- In order to constitute a valid entry, you must use a valid email address and phone number, along with a picture of yourself holding your tape measure of choice. Note: These pictures become property of the Sponsor and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Your entry form must have a short description of your building experience and why you prefer or like the tape measure you use.
- You must enter in advance of the date of the contest, and receive an email conformation that you have been allocated one of the limited 60 time slots available, or one of the 20 standby slots. All entries will be scheduled in advance on a first come first serve basis.
- The Signup period ends when the Sponsor is in receipt of the first 60 competitors to properly complete and return the entry form.
- Entries submitted after the available time slots are filled, will be eligible to be on standby, to fill in for any no shows. Standbys are not guaranteed a spot in the competition.
- The Grand prize will only be awarded to the first registered competitor that completes all the Measure and Mark challenges in less time than the best time recorded by Dane Scarborough using the QuickDraw Pro self-marking tape measure.
- Eligible tape measures approved for use in the competition are traditional tape measures by Stanley FatMax, Stanley Powerlock, Craftsman, Milwaukee, DeWalt, Komelon, or any other brand that has no modifications of any kind, including but not limited to added on or built in marking devices.
- If you don’t have a tape measure, one will be provided for you at the show.
The competition will consist of measuring and marking various common building materials in scenarios that are encountered on new builds and remodels, and judging will be based on both time/speed and accuracy
NOTE: Dane Scarborough will be the only person in the competition using the QuickDraw Pro Self-Marking tape measure.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The actual Measure and Mark Competition will be held between the hours of 10:30AM to 3:00PM May 5th and 6th 2020, at the National Hardware Show in Las Vegas, Nevada, and will consist of individual competitors (you) using a traditional tape measure of your choice and a traditional pencil of your choice and a traditional sharpener of your choice, in a series of measure and mark situations that are commonly found in the building of a house, or in the remodeling of a house.
Competition time slots are limited to 30 competitors on May 5th and 30 competitors on May 6th, and will be scheduled in advance on a first come first serve basis. Entries submitted after the available time slots are filled, will be eligible to be on standby, to fill in for any no shows. Standbys are not guaranteed a spot in the competition.
- HOW TO ENTER: The Signup period begins on November 25th on the www.quickdrawtapes.com site. The Signup period ends when the Sponsor is in receipt of the first 60 competitors to complete the entry form, along with 20 standby competitors. All forms are available at www.quickdrawtapes.com
In order to constitute a valid entry, you must use a valid email address and phone number, along with a picture of you holding your tape measure of choice.
The pictures submitted become the property of the sponsor and will be used for promotional purposes. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Grand Prize and other REWARDS Prior to the end of the National Hardware Show on May 7th, the person with the fastest verified time in the Measure and Mark Competition will be awarded the single Grand Prize of $1000.00 CASH and a signed certificate identifying all bragging rights conferred therein, however, if no one is able to complete the competition with a faster time than Dane Scarborough (the inventor of the QuickDraw Self-Marking Tape Measure), then no Grand Prize will be awarded.
All 60 qualified entrants that actually compete in the competition will receive a QuickDraw Pro Self-Marking Tape Measure at the end of the competition.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner via email on or about May, 15th, 2020. If you are eligible for the Reward, you will be notified by email. You will be required to respond to us within five (5) days of the date of notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim your Reward. If you cannot be contacted, or you fail to respond appropriately within the required time period, or the Reward is returned as undeliverable, you forfeit your Reward. If you are at least eighteen (18) but are still considered a minor in your jurisdiction of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to place the Reward in the name of your parent or legal guardian, who will be required to sign the Declaration of Claim on your behalf and fulfill any other requirements imposed on you set forth herein. Receiving a Reward of any type is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements and compliance with these Rules. In the event that a Reward recipient is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor is not obliged to provide an alternate Reward, or extend the Contest Period in any way.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, technical problems, security malfunctions or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (1) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Rules; or (2) terminate the Contest and, in the event of termination, no participant shall be eligible for a Reward of any type.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest/Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney’s fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Participating individuals have been advised of the existence of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code which provides:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Notwithstanding Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, entry and participation in the Contest shall constitute a full release of liability in accordance with its terms. Each Participating party knowingly and voluntarily waives the provisions of Section 1542, as well as any other statute, law or rule of similar effect, and acknowledge and agree that this waiver is an essential and material term of these Rules and that without such waiver, Sponsor would not have accepted the entry.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest/Competition, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (together, “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt of a Reward, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, or wireless service provider; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) mechanical human, printing or typographical errors; or (d) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of any Reward you may receive. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest.
ARBITRATION: These Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any Reward awarded shall be resolved by binding arbitration, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in California. The parties agree to follow the arbitration procedures set forth by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) to resolve the dispute. Arbitration proceedings shall take place in the State of California. Each party is responsible for paying its own filing, administrative and arbitrator fees. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
QuickDraw’s Ultimate Measure and Mark Competition Entry Form
email your completed form to: email@example.com
(Street) (City) (State) (Zip)
Preferred Brand/Model of Tape Measure: ________________________________________
I have read, understand and agree to the rules for Quickdraw’s Ultimate Measure and Mark
Competition, and I agree to be at the National Hardware Show at the appointed time to
Compete with my tape measure in hand.